Wenda's Fashion Blog
Who doesn't love a blog about the latest fashion trends, tips and tricks? Well I do! So enjoy this collection of posts from my columns on ITV Wales and Wales Online and ones which you'll only find here.< Back to Blog home page
Key Handbag Trends for Autumn/Winter 2011
August is already upon us, and I’m very excited to see the handbag trends for Autumn/Winter already starting to peep above the parapet and make their way into the shops. Girls you can never have too many bags and they sure are a great way to make a strong fashion statement this season. The only question is, which one will be your arm candy this Autumn ??
I’ve chosen my top 10 key trends for the forthcoming season:
- The Vintage Bag. With a structured formal form, this bag is both useful for the lady who works as well as a key statement piece for the lady who lunches. Modern bags with a vintage feel which are both classic and elegant. Frame bags are becoming cool, as well as bags with low key logos in timeless colours. Elegant lines with a formal twist. Team with flamboyant pleated skirts and a cinched in waist for extra va va voom.
- Mini & Micro. Mini across body bags show an appearance for A/W, smaller though with longer straps. Brilliant for a lippy and a mobile, but not much else so be prepared to buy a carry all tote too!
- Satchel Bags. Still going strong, these are also now coming through with long across body straps so they can be worn low on the hip. This key style trend for 2011 has moved on with both fur embellishments to full on leopard print.
- Luxe. Bring on the glam! Anything from calf hair to jewel embellishments, these bags are show stoppers. Made to be the centre of attention, this trend will see a lot of fur bags appearing on the high street, both in trim and full on all over coverage! Get ready to snuggle up!
- The Aviator. This aeronautical theme sees the emergence of shearling trim and lots of buckles on oversize bags. So buckle up and brace yourself as this trend takes off for A/W.
- Animal Print. Leopard print is THE animal print to be wearing this season. Wear with a minimalist outfit for the most maximum of impact. See the Luxe Leopard print Natalia clutch for bang on trend accesorizing!
- Lace Trim Bags. Lace Trimmed Overlay – Lace is back! Actually lace never seems to exit the fashion scene. After all, ‘feminine flair’ and lace go hand in hand; therefore it’s no big surprise that fashion designers around the globe embrace it time and time again. For some gals, wearing a fully fledged lace ensemble can be a bit intimidating… so, we have the perfect solution for you! Try a satchel handbag that has a gorgeous lace overlay! Voila, now you too have incorporated this fabulous trend with very little effort.
With the vintage feel throughout all accessories for A/W, Lace overlay is back with a vengeance. This nod to femininity can be seen on jewellery, hats, gloves as well as handbags. Wear it with something floaty to embrace your romantic side.
- Studs. Biker chic still lives on so team your favourite biker boots with a studded leather bag this autumn to work the rocker within you.
- The Slouch. This spring favourite has transcended into next season with even more gusto. Make it slouchier, make it softer make it bigger.
- Tribal. Primal and tribal print is an A/W trend that dances to the beat of a tribal drum with modern, African-inspired pieces. Think bright, think loud, think unstructured.
Personally, I love the fact that animal print is here to stay. I adore the Bet Lynch connotations and the risqué feel you have when donning a leopard print whatever. Be careful though, no matchy matchy here, less is more with animal prints. Choose one piece and let it steal the show.
Happy Shopping x W