Wenda's Fashion Blog
Who doesn't love a blog about the latest fashion trends, tips and tricks? Well I do! So enjoy this collection of posts from my columns on ITV Wales and Wales Online and ones which you'll only find here.< Back to Blog home page
Handy hints on how to dress 10 Lbs lighter!
Don’t tell me – you meant to go to the gym, give up snacking and forgo those second portions in readiness for the Christmas party season.
But did you? With just a few weeks to go before the big office party, the pressure to look fabulous is well and truly on.
So a little creative dressing, standing tall, and making the most of slimming accessories, you can look 10lb lighter without ever going on a diet or working up a sweat. Here are my 14 top tips to get you started.
1) Stand up straight. Put your weight on the balls of your feet and let your arms hang naturally. Practice by standing up against a wall with your rear and your shoulders touching it. Now touch your head to the wall as well. Carry yourself this way for the optimum slimming effect.
3) Ditch the cropped jackets and three quarter length trousers. They cut you off at the middle and look unflattering. If you’re larger than a size 12, leave them on the rack. Your goal is to look slimmer.
4) Remember that a few perfect accessories can help you drop 10lb instantly. Wear long, draped, dangling jewellery that will provide a vertical line that gives the illusion of thin. Avoid belts like the plague. They cut bodies in half and make you looked chopped up and wider.
5) Dress in one colour. Head-to-toe navy or black will take 10lb off instantly, but don’t forget other dark colours as well. Think deep red, royal purple or rich chocolate.
6) Dust off the A-line skirt. A-lines move and flow and hide wobbly bums and tummies alike.
7) Ditch the lace underwear and pull on control-top pants that reach all the way up to the bottom of your bra. This is the only way to have no stomach bulge.
8) A V-neck will make your neck appear longer. Wear a chocolate brown one with chocolate brown trousers and long draped jewellery and you will instantly appear lighter.
9) Wear jeans low around your waist and loose enough to get one or two fingers comfortably inside the waistband. Boot cuts are the most slimming. Avoid tight jeans with lots of pockets.
10) Kick off the flats and wear heels. The perfect mid-height heel with a good pair of well-cut trousers or jeans will elongate your legs. Wedges are so easy to wear and very elegant, and try boots or ankle boots for a change.
11) You can achieve a thinner look by choosing clothing that does not contain patterns. Patterns tend to put the spotlight on problem areas and the key to looking thinner and trimmer is to select solid colours that are strategically cut and tailored.
12) Get your clothing tailored. Tailoring your clothes will insure that they fit like a glove. You will instantly appear slimmer and give off the appearance that you have lost weight.
13) You can’t go wrong with black. It slims and looks great on everyone, and you will have more wiggle room for body flaws.
14) Smile and be confident. They are the best accessories you possess, so use them.
Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/style-and-shopping-in-wales/2011/11/03/wenda-james-rowe-how-to-dress-yourself-10lb-lighter-91466-29709186/#ixzz1cg4qTIec